Introduction to Go Programming language
Posted on August 11, 2020 by Arun NGo
This article will explain what why and history of Go Programming language.
What is Go?
- Go is an open source programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software(Official Description).
- Go is also referred as Golang because of the official domain name ‘golang.org’ , but the proper name is Go.
- Go is similar to C language but with advanced and more powerful features such as structural typing, CSP-style concurrency, automatic memory administration (garbage collection) and memory safety.
- Go is not only general purpose language used for web/mobile applications but also for infrastructure building for networked servers, machine languages.
- Go is a compiled language. No need of jvm. Code we write will be directly translated into the relevant format for the processor.
History of Go?
Year 2007 Robert Griesemer, Ken Thompson and Rob Pike at Google designed Go programming language as a statistically typed, compiling programming language.
Let's enter to Go World